Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Let's begin the journey!

Welcome to my blog! I hope you join me as I begin the journey of becoming a researcher in my classroom. Over the next few months, I will be sharing my research findings with you. I will be reflecting on the process as well as the highs and lows that go along with the world of research. This is the first time that I have conducted research in my classroom. It will be a learning experience. I hope you are able to learn something from following this blog as well.  I will be studying fluency in my classroom. My research question for this study will be: How will HELPS(Helping Early Literacy with Practice Strategies) and repeated reading affect reading fluency and reading attitudes of first grade readers? Stay tuned for more information...

 *As a side note, today we are on our seventh snow day that we have to make-up. Snow, Snow, Snow!! This has delayed the data collection process slightly but hopefully the snow will leave and I will be back on track soon.


1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing some of your research results! Of course we have to make it through all of these awful snow days first :) Could you give a quick explanation of what HELPS is?

    ReplyDelete